Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or finance preferred. No MBA’s please.
The John Buck Company was founded in 1981 and has established a track record as a premier, vertically integrated, full-service real estate operating company. Over the course of JBC’s history, the firm has successfully completed over $10.5 billion of real estate transactions and acquired, developed, or redeveloped over 41 million square feet of office, high-rise residential, hotel, retail, and mixed-use properties.
In addition to developing projects for its own account, The John Buck Company has provided development and construction management services for a variety of clients on mixed-use, office, and residential developments. Select experience includes The Standard, High Line in New York, Roosevelt University’s high-rise campus in Chicago, Blue Cross Blue Shield’s 800,000 SF vertical expansion in Chicago, the redevelopment of the Sears Tower (now Willis Tower), Virgin Hotels Chicago, and MILA, a 402 unit rental apartment building in Chicago.
Headquartered in Chicago, JBC has developed, operated, or managed properties in New York, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Abu Dhabi, Berlin, and Kuala Lumpur. Currently active in Chicago, San Francisco, and Boulder, Colorado, JBC works diligently to create projects that are environmentally sustainable, profitable, and inviting places to live, work, and play.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform financial analysis of real estate development and investment opportunities. Create and update financial models for potential projects, acquisitions, or asset management functions.
- Research zoning and site considerations on prospective development projects
- Assemble and analyze data on supply/demand fundamentals and maintain competitive set analysis for targeted property types/submarkets
- Evaluate capitalization and financing strategies
- Assist with the preparation of investment memoranda
- Participate in joint venture formation, land acquisition, disposition, debt and equity sourcing
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or finance preferred. No MBA’s please.
- One to two years of commercial real estate experience required; candidates with three or more years of experience need not apply.
- Candidate should be familiar with navigating and creating complex financial models for underwriting commercial real estate properties.
- Must understand financial and accounting concepts and be able to apply concepts to financial models.
- Position requires attention to detail as well as strong communication and computer skills.
- Requires advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Argus.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Incumbents may be asked by their supervisors or managers to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either the incumbent or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Absolutely no solicitation calls from recruiters, staffing agencies or candidates.