Leasing and Marketing
• Handles leasing activities as required, from initial prospect contact to showing prospects apartments and community and qualifying by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, explain all lease and community policies, regular follow up, etc.).
• Immediately records all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
• Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
• Has prospects complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
• Inspects models and available “market ready”, communicate related service needs to Property Manager and/or Leasing Director.
• Demonstrates community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients’ needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
• Updates availability report, process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submits processed applications to the Community Manager for approval. Follows up with applicant regarding status.
• Ensures apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
• Immediately follows up with prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again.
• Secures new resident’s signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orients new residents to community.
• Maintains detailed and accurate knowledge of all aspects of community, particularly in pricing, vacancies, lease expirations.
• Gathers information about market competition in the area, prepares reports and understands real estate trends and conditions in the submarket. Shops the competitive product within area.
• Supports overall marketing efforts; offer suggestions in regards to advertisements, promotions, etc. Monitors advertising effectiveness and analyze concerns that may exist with community, offer recommendations to the team.
• Participates in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
• Advises residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
• Assists in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
• Distributes newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
• Represents the company in a professional manner at all the times.
• Accepts rental payments and gives immediately to Assistant Property Manager.
• Prepares all leasing paperwork accurately and efficiently (i.e., applications, lease agreements and addenda, employment and credit checks, leasing move-in packets) and inputs information in software system (Yardi, RealPage) accurately and on a timely basis. Reviews with the Property Manager prior to obtaining signatures.
• Maintains current resident files.
• Maintains and records daily inspections for the community.
• Distributes all company or community-issued notices.
• Maintains accurate monthly commission records on leases and renewals for bonus purposes.
• Assists management team with other various tasks as required (i.e., changes in unit status to Maintenance Team, accompany vendors/contractors to units as needed).
• Consistently implements policies of the community.
• Understands and complies with state and landlord-tenant Fair Housing laws and standards.
Resident Retention and Customer Service
• Receives all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listens to resident requests, concerns and comments.
• Quickly completes maintenance Service Request and inform the maintenance team. Answers questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follows up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
• Ensures all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed Service Requests on a weekly basis.
• Conducts follow up with prospects and residents to establish positive resident relations.
• Proactively communicates concerns and solutions to Property Manager to improve overall community operation. Maintains open dialogue with both Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
• Serves as a representative of the building and ownership in dealing with residents, prospective residents, vendors, city, unions and trade associations.
• Contributes to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community, including walking daily tour path, model(s) and vacant units, on continuing basis.
• Assists in planning resident functions. Attends functions and participates as host for any functions as directed by the Property Manager.
Essential Job Functions
• Fair Housing Certification, must obtain prior to touring prospects.
• Demonstrates an ability to support and contribute to community team in a cooperative and respectful manner.
• Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
• Operates telephone, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word and MS Outlook, community software (Yardi, RealPage).
• Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to work under pressure in a professional, efficient and effective manner.
• Participates in training to comply with new or existing laws.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
• Two (2) years’ experience, preferably in a lease up.
• Neat, clean, professional appearance at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
• Complies with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
• Demonstrates ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
• Successfully passes drug test.
• Performs other related duties as required and follows all Company Policies and Rules. (Related duties, as required, are duties which may not be specifically listed in the position description but are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s class of work.)
Founded in 1981, The John Buck Company has established a track record and reputation as a premier, vertically-integrated real estate operating company focused on major U.S. urban markets. Since inception, JBC has made principal investments in assets comprising more than $6.7 billion of gross value, and acquired, developed, or redeveloped over 42 million square feet of office, residential and mixed-use properties. The firm has presently closed on over $70 million of commitments to a G.P. discretionary fund. Building on the firm’s investment and development platform, our entrepreneurial spirit is embedded in every project we develop, invest in or manage. Our approach is one that includes a strong commitment to responsible, sustainable, environmentally-friendly practices and is reflected in our portfolio.
All qualified candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com.