This senior accounting position will be responsible for the preparation and/or review of all property accounting and financial reporting functions for Buck Management Group (BMG), a division of The John Buck Company, and will report directly to the Portfolio Controller. In addition, this position will prepare and/or review development property reporting and manage draw accountants. Additional responsibilities may include special projects for BMG Management, JBC’s CFO and SVP of Finance & Accounting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Property Accounting and Financial Reporting Senior
- Prepare/Review property financial reporting packages and supporting work papers
- Prepare/Review monthly cash flow analysis/reforecast and provide recommendation for capital call/distributions
- Prepare/Review annual property operating budgets
- Prepare/Review OPE and RET reconciliations
- Prepare/Review tenant audit requests and assist Property on responses
- Review of all payments which includes review of cash ledgers, check sequence, and cash availability.
- Prepare/review of property funding requests.
- Responsible for completion of audit work papers and audit report, as well as any additional requests from the external auditor
- Preparation of REIT compliance reporting and annual dividends declarations
- Prepare/Review of quarterly mortgage compliance requirements
- Preparation of acquisition/disposition closing statements
- Review of tax work papers and review tax returns
- Prospective tenant lease analysis and financial statement review
- Prepare analysis and supporting property schedules as needed for the fund reporting.
- Responsibility for overall compliance with agreed upon client accounting/reporting requirements
- Keep abreast of technical accounting pronouncements and developments
Procedures, Training and Compliance
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures to improve internal controls, quality and efficiency
- Develop and update training/reference manuals
- Train personnel on accounting procedures
- Monitor properties’ compliance with accounting procedures
- Participate in annual internal compliance and property audits
Property – Other
- Assist and collaborate with investments team on property acquisitions and dispositions – due diligence, underwriting, property set-up, closing statements, information requests, and reprorations
- Assist with property transition from development to operations
- Assist on system implementations as needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration / accounting is required
- Minimum of 3-4 years of direct property accounting experience
- Working knowledge of MRI or other similar property accounting software
- Ability to problem solve and initiate change to accomplish goals
- CPA is preferred
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Incumbents may be asked by their supervisors or managers to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either the incumbent or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO CAREERS@TJBC.COM TO APPLY.